Riders often modify their motorbikes primarily to unlock better performance. When approached with caution, motorcycle customization can help you achieve a unique appearance, more functionality, or greater comfort.
Modifications enable you to personalize your ride to suit your lifestyle, personality, and taste. With these changes, you can tailor your motorbike’s ergonomics to ascertain a comfortable, ergonomic riding pose. Modifying your bike can also make it more balanced and stable. Discussed below are four cool motorcycle modifications you should consider.
1. LED motorcycle lights
LED lights usually shine brighter and function more efficiently, ensuring your motorbike is not only visible but hard to miss. These lights are a perfect modification because they offer:
- Better visibility: LED headlights provide brighter, more apparent lighting than incandescent/ halogen bulbs, enhancing visibility. They shine your path so bright that it makes your ride more enjoyable and safer, particularly in low-light conditions
- Higher shock resistance: LED headlights are made from quality materials, offering superior shock resistance, which is a key element considering the occasional jolts and engine vibrations riders face
- Longer lifespan: Unlike halogen bulbs, motorcycle LEDs can operate for up to 20,000 hours, translating to fewer replacements
- More efficiency: LED headlights produce more light than traditional headlights, meaning they consume less power when lighting your path, resulting in fewer emissions and better fuel efficiency
You can visit XK Glow or other reliable providers for quality LED motorcycle lights.
2. Aftermarket motorcycle air filters
Finding the most appropriate air filters for your motorcycle is vital to attaining optimal performance levels. With the right filters, you can boost fuel efficiency, torque, and horsepower. Besides safeguarding your engine from contaminants, the air filter plays a key role in the bike’s smooth running. Updating your stock filter to an aftermarket one gives you better airflow.
More airflow into the bike’s combustion chamber raises overall horsepower. Also, you’ll see a difference in fuel efficiency, throttle response, and torque after switching to an aftermarket air filter. Aftermarket motorcycle air filters have a longer lifespan than the stock options. There are various types of air filters in the market, including:
- Foam filters
- Paper filters
- Cotton filters
- Polyester filters
Considering several filter options, selecting the most appropriate one isn’t easy. So, ensure your choice aligns with your motorcycle model and needs.
3. Engine guards
Also known as crash bars, engine guards help protect your motorcycle engine and its parts from damage in case the motorbike falls over or gets into an accident. In addition, they safeguard your legs in specific low-speed accidents. Engine guards also offer additional space to place their legs on, particularly when going for long rides. Once your bike falls, the engine guards hit the ground first and absorb the impact and load, keeping the engine safe. These guards also give your motorcycle that cool, rugged look, making it more attractive.
4. Tubeless motorcycle tires
Besides air cohesion, which comes with more stability at high speeds, tubeless tires have nothing between the tire and the rim. With these tires, you’re safe from sudden punctures. Unlike tubed tires, tubeless tires run very well on low pressure while offering great mileage. Also, you can fill tubeless motorcycle tires with a liquid sealant, a component that doesn’t allow the tire to be affected by a puncture. Tubeless tires are lightweight and come with excellent stability.
Motorcycle modifications come in handy when looking to enhance your ride’s performance and look. Familiarizing yourself with these cool motorbike modifications can help determine if they suit your bike and needs.